Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cherry Tomato, Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Sauce

While my family tucks into heavy and rich dinners; I usually just pass and make a salad. But every so often I crave some carbs at dinner time. Instead of indulging in for example a big bowl of cheesy napoletana pasta that can be around 400 calories in one serving I made an alternative that added up to, wait for it.... 99 calories; and I was stuffed after.! What you'll need:
1/2 an onion (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (diced)
) 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
8 cherry tomatos (diced)
1 cup spinach leaves
1/4 packet slim pasta

Fry up the onion and garlic in a touch of olive oil, until brown. Add in the tomatos and mushrooms and cook with a lid on until the mushrooms are cooked and the tomatoes are really soft. Add in the spinach and slim pasta and just let cook for another 2 minutes. After this I added some italian herbs, chilli of course and some crunchy sprout mix!
This resulted in a huge, delicious and satisfying bowl of "pasta" that didn't leave me feeling bloated and sluggish.!
This picture is not particularly appetizing, but trust me it was yummy!
 photo photo11-2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment