Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stewed Apples, Raspberry Tofu Yoghurt and Homemade Muesli!

What better way to start this blog than to post about my favorite meal of the day; breakfast of course!! And what a scrumptious meal it was today!! Last night I realised there was an abundance of ripe green apples, a few pears... To solve the problem of them all going off at the same time I decided to make a sugar free batch of stewed apples and pears! I peeled and cored 4 apples and 2 pears. I popped them in a saucepan with a teaspooon of cinnamon, a handful of raisins, 2 dried figs and about 3/4 cup of water. I let this simmer for 20 minutes until all the fruits seemed "gooshy" enough. Then I drained out some of the liquid and popped it all into teh food processor. The result was this amazing mess of wholesome goodness, no sugar needed!! This morning I made some tofu yoghurt by blending 200grams of silken tofu with 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, cinnamon and a date, with a little water to get the right consistency. It didn't taste like yoghurt as such but was still delicious. Im trying to adjust myself to not adding honey or maple or agave whenever I can, but these could have enhanced the yoghurt.  photo photo2.jpg
To conjoin all these elements I put about 3/4 cup of my homemade muesli, I'll pop the ingredients of that up later and added some fresh banana, more cinnamon and some goji berries!
 photo photo3.jpg
This was actually so delicious I wish it never had to end!!
I enjoyed it with a cup of herbal tea in the sun with my best bud Bootsy!
 photo photo1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment